ABOUT THE SOCIETY
The Global Teachers Society (GTS) is a new initiative of the Global Teachers Institute to extend its work beyond its current teacher development programmes and the annual Axis Summit.
We wish to build an inclusive community of practice of aspiring teachers across South Africa along with experienced in-service teachers who can support new entrants into the profession by acting as mentors.
GTS will build a set of benefits over the coming months which will include:
- Access to GTI’s teacher development resources and systems
- Opportunities for local and international travel through short internships and fellowships
- Priority access to GTI events such as the annual GTI Axis Summit as well as partner events
GTS membership to the public is currently offered in the following three ways:
- Aspiring Teachers: Individual students studying towards a B.Ed. or associated degree, or towards a PGCE.
- In-Service Teachers: Individual teachers who are currently teaching or have retired who are prepared to act as mentors.
- Non-Profit Membership: Staff and volunteers of education non-profits.
GLOBAL TEACHERS SOCIETY SIGN-UP
For more information on the Global Teachers Society, please visit the GTI website
To become a member of the Global Teachers Society, please fill in the details below and click SIGN UP
EXCLUSIVE TO GTS MEMBERS
We are thrilled to launch the #GTIMandela100 competition in partnership with Global Citizens. Only Global Teachers Society members will have an exclusive chance to win tickets for the Global Citizen Festival in Johannesburg on 2nd December 2018.
The Festival will feature a range of top international artists headlined by Beyonce and Jay-Z. Global Citizen is building a movement to end extreme poverty by 2030 and we believe that fighting for education and supporting our teachers is critical.
For more information, follow the link after you have signed up as a member.