The Global Teachers Institute is excited to host the annual GTI Axis Summit
from 10 to 12 July 2018
at the University of the Witwatersrand.
The Summit is an annual convergence of students, teachers and school leaders from throughout South Africa and around the world.
The GTI Axis Summit is designed as a community of practice, where all voices are valued, encouraged to participate,
and where every attendee can make a meaningful contribution.
A place where everyone is an expert, and experienced practitioners and novices share and
contribute to growing everyone’s body of knowledge.
We are inviting presenters from across the education spectrum (from students to experienced educators and academics)
to apply to present at the Summit. We have a range of formats from 10 minute Quick Hits to a full 40 minute workshop.
To apply to present, please fill in the form on the right, and submit before 11 May 2018
ABOUT YOUR WORKSHOP
We encourage presenters to identify topics that are of importance to them and that they are most passionate and informed about.
Presenters do not have to be experts but instead, have an experience or body of knowledge they would like to share with other
All workshops should be:
- Participatory ,experiential and offer participants opportunities to implement learning
- Facilitate group discussions
- Related to summit theme: Aspire, Build, Collaborate
Workshops should not:
- Promote a particular product, religious, personal or political world view
- Be lectures or over-emphasize presenter talk-time
- Building Community in and out the Classroom
- Building Mentoring & Coaching Relationships
- Collaborative Lesson Planning
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Education Technology (EdTech)
- Inclusive Education
- Innovative Teaching Strategies
- What Every Teacher Should Know